Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's a Eurotrip



So I wasn’t really going to blog about my spring break in Europe, but because I’m sitting in the airport waiting for my next flight and I have nothing better to do I decided to blog about it. My friend Yael and I went to Amsterdam for five days and then flew to London for five days. We went to Amsterdam to see my family then we went to London to see Yael’s family. Amsterdam was a fun and small city. It was also really pretty. My family lives near town, so it was easy to get to.  We went to a lot of museums and explored the city.  It was really cold and windy though, so it was hard to be outside for a long period of time.  I really hate the cold, but it was fine because I really liked the city. Just saying I will never live in a place that has a cold climate. I really can’t deal with that…well I guess because I grew up in a warm climate.



Heineken experience
                                       


Then we flew to London…it was also really cold. I mean I didn’t really expect it to be warm. It was a lot colder than Amsterdam…it even snowed a little bit, but not that much. When we got to the airport we took a train then a bus to get to her aunts house. The train ride was an hour and it was really cold on the train. Oh I forgot to mention when we arrived at the airport in London, Yael and I were searched and I’m not talking about a small search. Like they literally opened our suitcases with us there of course and took out each item I had in my suitcase. They opened every single pocket they could find and every little thing I owned. They questioned us for an hour as well. They asked really weird questions like, “How much money is in your bank account?” or “Why are you Israeli?” Yael and I were the only ones they did this too. They claimed they did it to everyone, but I know that was a lie because there was no one there except us. I don’t really know why they searched us though…like I’m not a terrorists and I don’t have drugs or alcohol.  I’m not dumb, why would I hide drugs or alcohol in my suitcase? They also kept Yael’s Israeli passport in Amsterdam…so that was an issue. I don’t know the whole situation was really weird. We were only supposed to be in the airport plus flying time for like three hours but it ended up being a day at the airport thing. So that was really annoying, but what can you do? So anyways once we got to her families house, we called the airport and stuff about her passport….but that went down the drain because no one was helpful. They kept transferring her like five million times….typical. No one knows what they are doing haha. But Yael never got it back anyways. We basically just explored and did some touristy stuff in London. It was fun, but I was just ready to go back to Israel. While I was there, it really hit me in just two short months I have to leave Israel and return to America. I honestly don’t know how I feel about that. I feel like Israel is my true home.

View from the London Eye
Big Ben in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment