Friday, October 17, 2014

Simchat Torah



Last celebration/holiday for a while, but not least....Simchat Torah! In case you are unaware of what this holiday is, I'll give a brief explanation. It's a holiday that celebrates and marks the conclusion of the annual cycle of public Torah readings and the beginning of a new cycle. It's always a fun and exciting holiday! We danced and drank with the Torahs all night. It sounds weird, but its eventful! I also ate lots of delicious food before the night began at my family's house on my kibbutz. This weekend is also the last weekend with my whole group before people start drafting into the army. It's unbelievable how fast time went and I'm nervous, but also so excited for this new adventure I am about to experience. I am returning to the United States in November for three weeks and then I begin the army in December. Many people in my group start in November...I just got lucky and have a little free time before I begin! I am sure it will be here before I know it though.......

2 comments: