Friday, October 19, 2012

Weekend in Tel-Aviv

 
Benjamin Netanyahu
 So this past Thursday my section and basically all of year course went to Jerusalem for the 100th celebration of Hasdassah. We got there at like 3 in the afternoon and stood around not knowing what to do for a few hours...typical year course. But anyways so once the whole event started, we ate....& the food was absolutely AMAZING! They had so many options...it was the best. After we all ate and everything we went to a different place and heard a bunch of people talk, including the prime minister of Israel. That was pretty cool. The event finished at like 8:30pm and we took a bus to Bat Yam, which is near Tel-Aviv.

Rooftop view of Tel-Aviv from the Carlton Hotel
I stayed with a friend that night & the next day we went to the shuk..which is a market. Everything was so cheap! It was fun just walking around. Oh & I ran into someone in the city who knows my rabbi and a bunch of people I know! Not going to lie, but it actually made my day. It was the funniest thing ever considering that never happens..well because I live in Alabama. So basically we spent the day walking around to different shuks. Later that day, I went to the Carlton hotel in Tel-Aviv and stayed there with like 10 people. The reason why we went was because my friend Rachel's grandmother came to Israel for a long weekend so she insisted on getting a hotel for all of Rachel's friends. She also payed for everyones dinner, drinks, and dessert. It was very nice of her to do that! It was such an interesting experience though. haha The next day we all went to breakfast and her grandmother payed for all of us again. It was also an expensive breakfast. It was 120 sheks per person meaning 30 dollars per person! Afterwards, everyone went back to the room and slept or left to go back to their apartments. Instead, I went to the pool and the beach. By the end of the day it was just me and three others. We went to eat sushi and then back to the hotel. Rachel left to have dinner with her grandmother, so then it was just me and two others. We ended up watching movies and staying another night at the hotel, which was so relaxing! Overall, it was a pretty grand weekend!
                      
          

No comments:

Post a Comment