Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Better Late than Never

Well, a lot of people have been asking me to start a blog about my new life in Israel...so I decided to make one. I'm not much of a writer so I probably won't post something everyday, but I'll do my best! I arrived in Israel about three weeks ago & have been loving it ever since! I can't believe that I've been here for almost one month...time goes by so fast! The first week I was living in Arad, Israel for orientation...which was not so great. It was just an awkward first week because I didn't really know that many people and I was also pretty homesick..well kinda. Also, there's nothing to do in Arad which made it worse for me and pretty much everyone else as well. So anyways, now I'm living in Yemin Orde for my "Israel Experience" which is about 20 minutes from Haifa. This is a youth village for former Soviet Union and Ethopian Jews. I am voluneering there with 15 others from my section. My job is to work in the Chadar Ochel, which is the Dining Room/Kitchen. To be honest it's not the best job. First of all, I hate cleaning especially after other people & their spit..but it's whatever. I love the people I work with, so that's definitely a positive. We also help prepare all the food for about 400 people, which is a lot of work! I do this job only in the mornings until lunch. After lunch, I usually have ulpan which is a hebrew class. Every day we have a different activity in the afternoon...just depends what day it is. That's pretty much it...but I'll post more about life in the village later! xoxo simcha

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are able to keep in touch with us through this blog site. I'll list it on my blog's sidebar since many of my readers have been asking about you.
    Praying for your safety and success!

    ReplyDelete