Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sukkot


Not the best picture, but this is the sukkah we decorated

So I never really celebrated Sukkot at home with my family in America. We always went to synagogue and it wasn't really that big of a deal...well in Israel its different. Everyone is off for the whole week...or most people are at least. I was at my uncle rami and aunt oras house for the first night of sukkot. I helped decorate and prepare all day with them. My aunt cooked all day long and my uncle set the sukkah up for most of the day. A bunch of my family came like Sara, Ron, Lee-shy, Liad, Yaffa, and a bunch more! Everyone got here around 6 & we all managed to sqeeze inside the sukkah. All the food my aunt made was so good! They were all my favorite Israeli foods. Afterwards, we all sat outside eating fruits and nuts....of course. Everyone was in a circle singing karoke or just talking. It then started to rain, which is very surprising! I'm pretty sure that was my first time actually seeing rain in Israel! So we all went inside and continued to talk/sing karoke, etc. Everyone finally left around 9 or 10pm. It was great being with my whole family! Xoxo simcha
                              
                                        My cousins Adva and Lee-shy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment