Monday, September 8, 2014

First call into the IDF

This says: Leescott Gius yerusalem which is basically
the army offices of Jerusalem
This past Sunday, I finally had my Tsav Rishon (basically your first call into the army). We had to all wake up around 5 am and to be in Jerusalem by 8:30. I had no idea what to really expect from this. I just heard from people what it was like, but because I had never experienced it myself I was unsure about it. I was a little nervous as well. My nerves increased because I still could not find my Israeli I.D. which is very important. I brought my Israeli and American passports, hoping they would take it. They never used my American passport, but they were fine with my Israeli one. This made me feel so much better! The first thing I had to do was a personal interview from someone in the Israeli army. It was all in Hebrew, but it was fine. The person asked me so many questions, so it probably took an hour. I was nervous and thought I would not understand anything, but I ended up understanding basically everything. When we finished the interview, she gave me a Hebrew test. This Hebrew test was probably the most important to me because this would determine if I will have to go to michve alon (three month Hebrew course in the army). There were three parts to the Hebrew test which was an oral test, reading, and writing test. I thought the oral test was really easy, but the reading was extremely difficult for me. I know how to read and write very well in Hebrew but it was about if I understood the texts and I did not. They pick the most difficult words to see how much you know. I am not sure how well I did, but I will find out my results in a few weeks. I am hoping I did well. After, we had to have a physical test by a doctor. The highest score you can receive on your physical is a 97. I received an 82, which the the second highest score. I received this because of my vision. I can still basically have any job in the army with this score though. Everything was long and a lot of waiting. It was stressful, but everything worked out well! I will let y'all know my results when I receive them! We were all there until around 4 pm, so it was a very long day. Afterwards, we were able to eat and walk around Jerusalem for a little bit. We left around 6 pm and did not get home until around 9 pm. I was so excited to finally be home and I went straight to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment