Monday, September 1, 2014

First day of school, first day of school!

First, I can't believe it's already September! This means I've been living in Israel for basically two years. Where did the time go? I never really realized how fast time goes until after I graduated high school! BUT anyways, today was the first official day of ulpan (intensive hebrew class). We woke up early, went to synagogue for a little bit, & then went to Ulpan. We have one teacher for everyone. I don't really know how it is going to work because of everyone has a different level of hebrew. I am hoping that my hebrew improves to the next level, so I do not have to go to michve alon (army ulpan) which is a place no one really wants to go to. It's not the end of the world if you go, but its better not to. The reason is because sometimes it ruin your chances of getting a better job in the army. Sometimes the commanders in the army will underestimate you as well. It's not always like that, but it just depends on what unit you want and the commanders for that unit. 


Our class did not last so long though because the president of Israel, Reuven Rivlin came to speak to us. He spoke for about an hour because of all the issues that have been going on in Gaza and my kibbutz is so close to it. I did not quite understand everything because it was in hebrew. It was pretty cool he came to see and talk to us though. He was here for about an hour or two, and then we all had lunch. After lunch, we pretty much had the rest of the day free to do whatever! I slept because I was exhausted... I'm not really sure why, but I was. Anyways, that's all for now! 










No comments:

Post a Comment